St. John, USVI, Nightlife
St. John may be the smallest of the three U.S. Virgin Islands, but that doesn't make the nightlife any less memorable. Since it's small, most people don't tend to think about what happens after the sun sets on the beach here, and many consider St. Thomas to be the island that has all the late-night fun, but that's not true. From busy clubs to beach bars, St. John, USVI, nightlife offers fun and engaging opportunities for anybody looking for a great way to end the night after a day of exploring the island. Whatever you're in the mood for, there is something on St. John that will suit your taste perfectly. The island features numerous bars and clubs that offer DJs and live music performances to dance the night away or quiet lounges and pubs where you can watch the sunset over the beach. There are so many possibilities of places to go at night where you'll make memories that will last a lifetime.
Popular Nightlife Destinations on St. John
With so many options for things to do in St. John, it can be hard to narrow down where to visit while you're there. Some popular options tourists flock to include:
- The Beach Bar: Enjoy food, drinks, and live music almost every night of the week at the Beach Bar. The Beach Bar supports live music and local musicians from rock to island music to bluegrass and everything in between. This landmark bar has been around for decades for locals and tourists to meld together to listen to great music, share stories, and enjoy plentiful cocktails.
- Quiet Mon Pub: Whether you're a local, a tourist, or a beach bum, enjoy a taste of Ireland in the Caribbean at this friendly pub in St. John. For anybody looking for a relaxing night out with a few drinks and affordable pub food that tastes like it was made in mom's kitchen, Quiet Mon Pub has what you're looking for! And in true Irish fashion, The Quiet Mon Pub hosts an annual St. Patrick's' Day parade every St. Patrick's Day.
- Woody's Seafood Saloon: Woody's Seafood Saloon Bar & Restaurant aims to show everybody a good time with parties, live music, special events, drink specials, and so much more. This Caribbean seafood bar has become a staple of the island, whose impact is known around the world for its great casual island fair, delicious drinks, and laid-back island vibes.
- St. John Brewers - The Tap Room: Try freshly crafted local beers and sodas in a relaxed brewpub atmosphere. There are several year-round options, alongside some seasonal small batches, so you can try something new every time you visit. Alongside delicious craft beer, there is a full pub-style menu, craft cocktails, and plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. If you're looking for a quiet and relaxing night out with local drinks and pub food, then the Tap Room is a perfect spot.
- The Longboard: This bar with Caribbean flair uses all local ingredients and encourages guests to enjoy the island atmosphere with small plates, flowing drinks, and even some chickens who enjoy strutting by the tables. They are home to the world-famous Frozen Painkiller, a frozen drink using dark rum, coconut cream, orange, and pineapple blended to icy perfection and topped with a little bit of grated nutmeg to finish it off. The Longboard offers a quiet and casual night out with your friends and family with plenty of food and drink.
- Drink St. John: Enjoy fresh and refreshing cocktails at a place designed for people to sit back and relax with a drink. You can enjoy classic cocktails with an original twist, gourmet bushwackers, and other fresh, refreshing cocktails because all the drinks are freshly squeezed, and the bartenders are skilled enough to make something special for everybody.
- Bajo el Sol Gallery, Art Bar & Rum Room: This hybrid art gallery, bookstore, cafe, and rum bar has a little bit of everything with live music, great drinks, delicious coffee, and even gorgeous artwork to explore. The menu has over 250 kinds of rum with a staff that knows the details of every single one to help patrons choose which ones to try during their visit.
These are only a few great locations St. John offers after the sun goes down, where you can enjoy drinks, dining, music, and great conversations. No matter where you choose to go, you'll be glad you took the time to immerse yourself in the St. John, USVI, nightlife.